Step-by-Step Instruction for Newcomers to Meditation
- Discuss the art of beginning meditation through the awareness of the breath, body, thoughts and feelings.
- Practice presence and mindfulness through specific guided meditations.
- Utilize the qualities of kindness, understanding, patience and love in meditation.
- Analyze the process of opening to our difficulties as the path to freedom.
- Explain the Four Noble Truths in relationship to guided meditation practices.
Have you ever thought about trying meditation, but didn’t know how to get started? On Meditation for Beginners, renowned teacher Jack Kornfield uses clear language and step-by-step guidance to show us how to start—and stick with—a daily meditation practice. From the basics of how to get started to dealing with distractions, this complete course introduces us to the Insight tradition of meditation that has helped practitioners throughout the ages cultivate profound inner calm and a lasting capacity for happiness.
In the DVD edition, we join Jack in a live 99-minute session that brings you the experience of a meditation retreat in your living room.
With his gentle delivery and ability to translate ancient practices for modern audiences, Jack Kornfield has become one of the most accessible and sought-after teachers for helping first-time meditators get their start. Now you can begin to develop the foundational skills to start your practice immediately—and discover the life-changing power of meditation for yourself—with Meditation for Beginners.